Stepping foot on any of Hawaii’s lush islands is romantic in itself. Because of the lush green forests, beautiful waterfalls, stunning beaches, gorgeous sunsets, active volcanoes, endless activities and the cultural heritage, just about anything you do on your Hawaii vacation could be romantic. Hawaii, and all it’s beautiful islands, are a magnet for romance!
Travel Age West recently wrote an article 6 New Romantic Activities in Hawaii stating that “For every couple, there’s a perfect way to celebrate love in Hawaii.” They were right.
Activities to put on your radar
- Maui: Are you an early riser? Mount Haleakala (meaning “House of the Sun”) offers some of the most stunning sunrise views in the world. You will head to the summit of the 10,000-foot mountain just before dawn. As the sun rises over the water, the dazzling array of colors you will experience is Awh-Inspiring. Pack a blanket and have a picnic! It’s a perfect place for that.
- Celebrate the Polynesian culture by taking in an authentic Hawaiian Luau. Besides watching the beautiful dancers perform and celebrate their heritage you’ll be able to take in the music, stories and cuisine. Old Lahaina Luauon Maui is highly recommended along with the Ali’i Luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu.
- Helicopter rides over the beautiful Hawaiian landscape can be very romantic. View the unreachable places like 1,000-foot tall waterfalls, fiery lava flows or the rugged coastline.
- Do you like being active? Despite what yo think, fitness and romance can be romantic. Hike to and swim in a waterfall, bike the numerous trails, canoe the quaint rivers. How about a sunrise or sunset yoga class? After some activity, take advantage of some of the spectacular spas on the islands and enjoy a couple massage!
- Cuisine! Hawaii is a foodie paradise. The Hawaiian Islands are a melting pot of global influences that has happened over generations. Most importantly, each island is different so your taste buds won’t be disappointed. Food & wine festivals throughout the Hawaiian Islands showcase their local food scenes. Schedule a private chef experience or take a small culinary tour. How about a chocolate tour? Intrigued??
Visit “Go Hawaii” for more ideas on what the Hawaiian Islands has to offer.
You won’t be bored in Hawaii, unless you want to be. In that case some of the most relaxing activities are still romantic and the memories will last a lifetime.